Blogadda

Sunday, May 09, 2021

Lukka Chuppi

 Song From Rang De Basanti........

I was listening to this song Lukka Chhuppi from Rang De Basanti(on the radio yesterday)


I was listening to this song and i cant describe the sinking feeling that came over me while i absorbed the song. I did watch the movie and i do know that the song features when her mother loses her son who is in airforce, but i was quite caught up in the movie when i watched it anyways, so it only now that I appreciate the song for what it is.


It is a mother singing to her son as though they are playing hide and seek. Only she is alive and he is dead. She searches for him. calling out that dusk is falling and her eyes are growing dim with age.

The son responds by describing this paradise he is in.... and how he is perfectly happy there and the only thing is he missing her....its a content response to her sad cry of despair.


The lyrics gave me goosebumps.... and my eyes were moist aswell. The son describes the place he is in and how adorable it is, with fresh air and cool breeze. Finally he says it has everything but not you(to his mother). 

Beautiful, touching, creative.... I could go on..... But you need to hear and appreciate. It grows on you.

Okay... Go listen to the song....it's beautiful... the lyrics, the music, the voice, the emotion behind it.

Above all this song makes you yearn for your mother in ways unknown to you....

Nandini Mithun

No comments:

Post a Comment