Blogadda

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Mother........... A precious Gift by god

God sent beautiful angels to the earth to take care of us and we named them mothers. Yes since god cannot be with us always he created mothers for us. Nothing in this world can be compared to a mother’s love which is so pure and selfless. A mother never thinks about her happiness and she is ever ready to sacrifice anything for her child’s sake, that’s the nature of a mother :)

A mother is born when she gives birth to her child. A woman existed but not a mother before she gave birth to her child…. From baby talks to stories and gossips mothers are there, my mother taught me how to walk and talk and soon i was tired and sat back looked at her and learnt.
Mothers generally want their children to be a learned person and be well versed in everything or most of the things, as a kid I was joined to Indian classical music(Well rest of the time I was in school so didn’t get time for other things :) ) My mom was interested in singing and when she discovered that I had a good voice(Ok, an average voice) insisted that I learn music, though I was interested in learning music, initially I did because I felt the pressure to learn, and I couldn’t enjoy the learning, and slowly learning music became like learning another subject for me in school, which I didn’t enjoy nor liked… It had become a routine for me to attend my music class, and every day I would have an area of improvement, which would continue, things went on and then I told to myself, I have to learn music for myself and to know about it, not to sing in front of others and get an applause or a win concert.
When this thought grew in me, I enjoyed going to my classes, and I thanked my mother within my heart for having joined me to the class.

Recently I met a mother who like any other mother is very possessive and protective about her child, and it was a treat for my eyes to watch this mother cuddling her lovely little angel.. This cute angel is a source of wonderful happiness to anyone around her. When her bundle of joy was engrossed in playing and enjoying herself, here comes the mom to advice the child that she needs to win and come first. I was puzzled because, when the child was actually playing, why should she win in that? Why pressurize the child while playing….. I agree that it’s a pride and as a matter of fact happiness to see our kids doing well in academics, and learning many things and always winning, but pressurizing the children while playing isn’t a right thing…

This mother whom I met even ended up giving a lecture to her 4yr old child, about winning in the game, poor child had no option but to nod her head and put a fake smile on her face.
This left me wondering if the mother was right in comparing the child with another child of her age and creating a competitive atmosphere while playing and wanting the child to win.

It’s a mother’s duty to make the child understand the value of life and give the undying love and affection, appreciate small and good things done by the child and correct him/her in a nice way, well I am not describing how a mother should be, on the other hand I was thinking these are few things which a mother does and these are few things which needs to be done always.

Every child on the earth yearns for his/ her mother’s love, irrespective of age, because as the saying goes ‘A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts.
Happy Mother’s day to u mom :)

No comments:

Post a Comment