Blogadda

Tuesday, May 04, 2021

SHE

 Memories of her smile whisper in my heart


Like a musical note that pitches high


Around the silent walls of a cavernous chamber


Like wisps of smoke they drift by



She did have a sound of laughter


Not musical but full of gay


But as the lighter moments distanced out


The unique note floated away



She had dreams, oh yes she had


Not to reach the sky or the star


Just to walk a path trodden by none


To face the world as an equal at par



Her heart held stories untold


Her strides bound to reach the skyline


The earth did not spin for her, but


Seemed to voice together her chime



Every day was full of meaning


Every moment (lived) for its worth


She seemed to find a purpose


For every bloom and her birth



Where is she now I wonder?


Haven’t met her in a while


“Lost”, a tiny voice whispers


“Gone on a (self-)imposed exile”



“But why?”, I ask bemused


“Did dragons block her harbor?”


“What could have stopped her?”


“Were arrows stuck in her armour?”



And then I got the answer


As I got a glimpse of ‘She’


The indolent and torpid figure in the mirror


Smiling back at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment