Blogadda

Tuesday, September 07, 2010

God Is Like A Silver Lining

As I sit on my bean bag and start typing not really knowing or understanding what I want to share :) so bear with me as I move on…

I have noticed of late the whole world is gloomy. You open newspapers to the news of natural disasters hitting various parts of the world, you see the effects of global recession hitting the world and the national scene is no good either. Corruption, killings, murder, death, accidents, floods, failure, depression, inflation, and relationship breakdowns these seem to be the keywords in the present world.

With current local, national and global issues along with personal issues facing almost everyone, it’s no wonder people are finding it more and more difficult to find motivation to carry out their everyday tasks like work, fitness, sports or any activity that requires an effort.

One big question which came to my mind was, why do we have problems in life? It has been said time and again that we have been sent to this earth just to learn.

To learn – to take on information, and process it in such a way that it becomes integral to our being, our way of life. We learn by trial and error – which necessarily means we make mistakes, and also mean we have problems and surmount them. When God created the beautiful Rose, it came with thorns. Even in all of God’s beauty, there will be trials and tribulations. So in life as well, we have problems.

If we actually look at it , a birth of a child is a painful process, both for the mother as well as for the child …but there is joy in it. Growth in itself if you see has so much pain. From infancy, teething, trying to walk n falling everything has pain associated with both pain and joy. Childhood to puberty …the transition that is most painful… adolescence to adulthood. All wrought in pain but necessary to help grow. So also is life. The problems help us grow as individuals and to make us stronger mentally.

“People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing – that’s why we recommend it daily.” – This was a funny quote which I had came across few days back…In tough times like this one needs to seek motivation on a daily basis. To me, my faith in God helps me through all tough times. Having faith in God doesn’t keep me from having dangerous situations in my life, but He (god) will be with me to help that danger or face it. We may not always understand God’s ways, but He won’t give us any more than we can bear and He is always with us to keep us going when the going gets tough. While He may not make the choices for us, He did equip us with tools to make the right choices.

I strongly feel problems are necessary to make us appreciate the good things in our lives ….when really troubled “Just ask and faithfully believe and you shall receive,”….. He will help us through it all. When it comes to life, it’s all good but with hope and faith, God will provide the amazing grace it takes to make life great. Just hold onto hope and faith to receive God’s amazing grace. Once you’ve done that, and asked, Life’s problems get a little easier to handle.

God gives us a problem because he knows we will face it with courage , next time when we have a problem in life, instead of worrying about it and getting tense, let us think calmly how to solve the issue…………….. When I say I am responsible for the happiness in my life, it applies to the problems also………….. Trust in god and start appreciating the beauty of life with a smile on the face…………

Trusting in god gives the courage to face any kind of problem in life……….. it is at these times I think god is like a silver lining through the dark clouds of problems……….

No comments:

Post a Comment