Blogadda

Monday, August 09, 2010

Sponsoring A Child

Last evening I had been to a park, it was filled with people who were jogging here and there, for whom health meant a lot, on the other side I saw tiny tots playing on the swing and various games of their own; the air was filled by their laughter and innocence. There were colorful flowers everywhere making the atmosphere very radiant. On the other end of the park was a group of people who were practicing laughing therapy, strange, nowadays people have forgotten how to laugh and they force themselves to a schedule for laughter :)

Well what really caught my attention was a young lady who was sitting with her eyes filled with water and she was continuously wiping, another lady came and sat next to her, the moment she came and sat, it seemed to me like first lady was waiting for her friend’s arrival, she just put her head on her shoulder and started weeping more. I learnt from their conversation that the first lady’s name was Neeta and she had lost her child before it could step into this world, she had met with an accident which ultimately had resulted in her abortion and ruling her out to give birth to her bundle of joy.

I felt very sorry for her and just as I heard all this, I felt I wanted to talk to her and went and narrated the whole thing, but to my surprise I found her wiping her eyes and in a bold and confident voice she told me that ‘ I cry every day since I could not protect my baby who was completely depending on me, i might not be able to give birth again but this evening I am going with my husband to sponsor a child’s education needs’, in this way I can be helpful to a child thus she smiled and left the place, I was completely spellbound by her straightforward approach and having so much of confidence within her and above all I liked the motherhood in her….

I just kept looking at her until she finally was away from my presence, no matter how much ever is said and heard of mothers, these experiences make me feel again and again that mothers are definitely angels.
Life doesn’t come to a standstill by not having a baby of our own, god has definitely given solutions to all our problems on this earth, but it’s for us to identify the solutions and implement them in our life. Sponsoring a child is simple and easy. There are lots of Non government organizations which help children who are abandoned and needy. Why don’t we take a small step to help the needy in our little ways, maybe visit such organizations and spend time with the children or donate clothes money etc.
http://www.worldvision.in/ A humanitarian organization which helps children irrespective of caste, creed and religion…. Logging into the link above will give more information regarding sponsoring a child.

As Dalai Lama had quoted ‘Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them.’

No comments:

Post a Comment